Monday, June 28, 2010

Manic Monday

First off, I'd like to give a big shout out to a couple new followers!  Thanks for hopping on this crazy train.  I have lots of ideas floating around in my head and I'm excited to share them. 

An update on what been happening with the C family: Jeff and I just spent a weekend in Ocean City with friends while Dominic enjoyed his first weekend with Grandma and Grandpa.  Now, before I rant and rave about how great of a time we had without our one and only precious child and everyone starts thinking horrible thoughts about me I'll give a little backup.  Dominic is almost 19 months old.  This was the first time we'd left him for a weekend.  He's been properly coddled, I assure you. 

I've mentioned before that my hubby works crazy hours.  I can't go into detail, but I'll just sum it up by saying that he works midnights, his nights off are in the middle of the week, and it's not exactly easy for him to take time off.  Because of this we don't have a lot of "couple" time and I actually travel quite frequently without him.  It's ok though, we knew what we were getting into when he chose his profession. 

By some stroke of luck he happened to get last weekend off.  We needed a getaway.  Needed.  We ran.  We were able to do something we hadn't done since before I got pregnant- spend a weekend with friends, just doing whatever we pleased.  It was awesome.  We ate cream of crab soup, we basked in the sun, we swam in the ocean, and we enjoyed frozen drinks on a dock by the bay.  The weather was perfect.  I got a tan.  OH how I love the beach.






We have a great group of friends.  We have been friends with almost everyone in this picture for a decade or longer.  Pretty crazy.  I can't wait to see what the next decade holds.


Now, in case you're wondering how Dominic's weekend went... when we arrived to take him home we practically had to peel him out of his grandfather's arms.  There were tears and flailing arms.  It was mildly heartbreaking.  At least I can be sure he didn't spend the entire weekend crying for his mommy! 

That's all for now.  Another week of work ahead.  Boo for work.  On the bright side, only four more days until I take my little monster to Orlando for the second time in his young life!  He's a well-travelled bub.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram @jesscarbone