Thursday, July 29, 2010

Recipe- Crab Cakes

A Maryland favorite for sure, these Blue Crab Cakes are delish!

Last Sunday my husband and I hosted a cookout.  We had a ton of food left over, including over a dozen crabs. Leftover crabs=Crab Cakes!  If you aren’t from Maryland and have never picked crabs, had crab cakes, crab dip, or MD style cream of crab soup… you’re truly missing out.  In the time it took me to type the sentences above I stopped four times to think about food.



This was my first time making my own crab cakes.  I used a recipe given to me by Kaley @ A Tale of Three Poags, which I changed just slightly.  They came out great.  My only issue was that I added a little too much Worchestshire sauce… which was my fault and I’ll try not to get all crazy shaking the bottle next time.

This is my variation of the recipe..

You’ll need:
- 3 cups Freshly picked MD Blue Crab meat (no other will do)
- 12 Club Crackers
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Mayo
- 2 Tbsp Melted Butter
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tsp Mustard
- Dashes of: Worchestershire Sauce, Old Bay, Parsley, and Black Pepper

Before you start you need to pick crabs all night until you end up with about 3 cups of meat... OR if you live locally, you should also be able to buy fresh crab meat.

Step 1:   Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Place crab meat into a medium bowl.


Step 2: Use a small food processor to crush the Club Crackers.


Step 3: Add the crushed crackers and all other ingredients to the bowl of crab meat.  Gently mix all ingredients together with a spatula.






Step 4:  Once the ingredients are mixed well, you should end up with a giant crab ball.  Divide mixture into four equal parts.  Place the four crab cakes into a baking dish that has been coated with cooking spray.





Step 5: Place in preheated oven, bake for 30 minutes.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

Instagram @jesscarbone