Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Wednesday Off The Wagon

Because we can’t be all good, all the time.





So this morning on my way to work I stopped for coffee… and a SlimJim: the breakfast of champions. As I spent the next 10 minutes trying to pry open the wrapper with my teeth, I imagined what the people in the bus sitting next to me in traffic must be thinking…

I’ve got a bad feeling about this. I’ve got a bad feeling about this.

That’s the sound of Taking Back Sunday blaring from my speakers. Post-baby, your car jam sessions are severely limited. I take opportunities when I get them, even if it means 6:45 am. After breaking a sweat and nearly sideswiping three vehicles, I decided to give up on the SlimJim until I got to work. Sigh.

You see, I try to eat healthy when I can. I try to cook dinners at home and make healthy decisions most of the time. But sometimes I just want to enjoy a plastic-wrapped, sodium stuffed piece of beef jerky, dang it! You’re with me right? It’s totally normal to dine on sensible lunches and then turn around and savor a quarter pounder with cheese. Totally normal.

Feel free to post your own Wednesday Off The Wagon, but please link back to Caterpillar Family :]

p.s.- Imagine my mental state when I got to work, cut open my 'SlimJim' only to discover that I had accidentally grabbed some off-brand instead.  It was mildly nauseating and got tossed in the trash after one bite.  Barf.

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHHA! slim jim <3
    linked up!
    http://poagfamily.blogspot.com/2010/07/wednesday-off-wagon.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I'm a new follower from FMBT. Your blog is super cute too!
    You can follow me back @ http://4mykiddos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Instagram @jesscarbone