Saturday, August 28, 2010

Four times tagged

Holy cow.  Yesterday I was tagged in four survey posts.  Each post had 8 questions.  Rather than answering all 24 questions, I'm going to answer my favorite 15 and then pass those same questions along to five people who haven't yet been tagged. 



Thanks to the following bloggers for tagging me and contributing to these questions:
- Kaley @ a tale of three poags!
- Jeska @ Living our Love Song
- Ashley @ our crazy fun life
- Heather @ The Best of Both Worlds

1. What is your favorite recipe/thing to cook?  My favorite thing to cook really depends on who I'm cooking for.  If it's just a dinner for my husband and I at home, I'd have to go with something simple and tasty.  Some of our favorite dinners are tacos or chili.  I like making food with a lot of flavor that will have us eating leftovers for days :).  Yum.  If I'm making food for a party I'd have to go with pasta salad.  I make a mean pasta salad and it's usually a crowd favorite.  Oh, and at Thanksgiving I'm the sweet potato lady.  I make a savory sweet potato casserole complete with an oatmeal pecan topping... um, let me compose myself.  I think you get the drift.  This girl likes food.

2. What is your best memory with your significant other? Falling in love.  We had such a whirlwind relationship at first.  It was like everything just clicked and things were happening so fast... which is slightly odd given the fact that we knew each other for years without giving second thought to our friendship.  We were engaged about 6 months after we started dating and married about a year after that.  Its such an amazing feeling to just know that you're starting the last relationship you'll ever have.  The best single event would have to be our wedding day.  Best day ever.  We had such a great time.  And then got to have an amazing honeymoon just enjoying a week to ourselves.

3. How do you find time to blog?  Uhhh I stay up late.  And blog during nap time.  I start blogs when an idea pops into my head and save them as drafts.  I'll come back and finish them later when I get a chance and I almost always have a couple blogs waiting to be published.

4. Who is the celebrity you're most often compared to?  Lauren Conrad "LC" from the Hills.  I get it all the time. 
Signed Conrad, Lauren 8x10

5. What is your favorite song?  "Hands Down" by Dashboard Confessional.  It reminds me of being young. hehe.

A Mark, A Mission, A Brand, A Scar6. If you could give any piece of advice to a newborn, what would it be? This is a tough one.  I think my advice to a child (since a newborn wouldn't remember ha) would be to just do what makes you happy and don't worry about what everyone else is doing.  At 15 you'd be surprised to know just how little your classmates' opinion of you really matters.  I think kids in general spend so much energy trying to "fit in" and be like everyone else, only to grow up and spend just as much energy trying to get back to who they were in the first place.  Growing up is hard, but it does all work out in the end.  You'll find your niche in life and happiness is what you make it. 

7. What are two goals you have for 2011? First off, I'd like to find some success in a non-traditional work career (could I be more vague?)... meaning I'd like to promote Caterpillar Family Shop to the fullest and work on a couple other projects I have floating around in my head.  Crochet hats weren't the only thing I had in mind when opening my store ;)  Second, I'd like to have another baby.. or at least have one on the way.  Dominic turns three in 2011 :/

8. What makes you lose track of time?  The Internet.  The spot on the wall.  My thoughts.  Shall I continue?

9. What is your favorite movie?  Dirty Dancing.  No contest, I love it.

Dirty Dancing (Single-Disc Widescreen Edition)
10. When you were a child what did you want to be when you grew up?  An archaeologist.  Shut up.

11. What would you consider to be your dream job?  Now I'd say my dream job would be a doula/lactation consultant/mommy team leader :)  I don't know what a mommy team is.. haha I'm totally making that part up.  I would love to be able to work with other moms, work out of my house, and have time to crochet and cook on my own terms.

12. If you could get any gift for yourself, what would it be?  Maid service whaaaaat.

13. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?  I'd like to spend a few weeks touring Europe.

14. What is your favorite quote?  It's a tie between these two (long) quotes:

1)"How would you explain it, Pooh?"

"With a song," he said. "A little something I just made up."
"Go ahead"

Tao of Pooh and Te of Piglet Boxed SetHow can you get very far,
If you don't know Who you are?
How can you do what you ought,
If you don't know What You've Got?
And if you don't know Which to Do
Of all the things in front of you,
Then what you'll have when you are through
Is just a mess without a clue
Of all the best that can come true
If you know What and Which and Who.

"That's it," he said, leaning back and closing his eyes.
"A Masterpiece."

[Taken from The Tao of Pooh]  if you've never read that book, you should.  It's the greatest and simplest way to explain Taoism... which is a philosophy anyone can apply to life, regardless of your religion.

AND

2)
It was fun for a while
6" ROXY - Vinyl Decal StickerThere was no way of knowing
Like a dream in the night
Who can say where we're going?
No care in the world
Maybe I'm learning
Why the sea on the tide
Has no way of turning

Which is a quote from a tag on a Roxy dress that I bought nearly a decade ago and have since remembered every word.  I love it.


15.  How do you want to be remembered when you're gone?  I want my children to look back and think "I love it when mom did _____" or "Do you remember when we went to the _____ with mom?" or "It was so great when mom ______, I really miss her".  I just want to make fond memories and be important to those I love.  I don't have to be famous or rich or really even matter at all to someone I've never met.  But, I always want to be a positive influence in my family's life and that's how I'd like to be remembered.

Now it's my turn to tag!  The following 5 bloggers should answer as many of these same fifteen questions as they'd like (please).  Have fun :)

1. Ashley Sisk @ Ramblings and Photos
2. Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea
3. Diane @ No Nuts for my Peanut
4. Amber @ Life on a Stick
5. Megan @ Mommy Minded

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram @jesscarbone