Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Recipe- Spicy Sausage with Rice

Here's a dinner we really enjoyed.  I didn't follow a recipe or anything, just used ingredients I had on hand and threw them together.  It came out great though and I'll be making it again for sure.

You'll need:
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 3 ripe tomatoes
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 clove (or 1 tsp) minced garlic
- 2 chicken bullion cubes
- 1 cup water
- olive oil
- Salt and Pepper

Other options: green pepper, mushrooms, zucchini, onion

Step 1: Dice tomatoes and jalapenos (and any other vegetables you'd like). In a large skillet drizzle olive oil to lightly coat the bottom.  Turn burner on high.  Place sausages in the oil and then pour vegetables all around them.  Season with salt and pepper.

Step 2:  Turn sausages once while cooking.  I like to cut the sausages in half to make sure they're done.  In a small bowl, mix 1 cup of warm water with the bullion cubes to melt them.  Pour mixture over vegetable and sausage mix.  Turn burner down to low.  Simmer for an addition few minutes.

Step 3: Serve over rice.  I really like the Uncle Ben's Boil in Bag rice because it's super easy and already portioned out.  Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. yum! that looks so good - not to mention easy and with ingredients i typically already have on hand. i'll be adding this to my next meal plan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! What a cute blog! I am following you from Follow Me Back Tuesday a little late. :) Come visit Mama's Little Chick! Have a great night!

    Mama Hen
    www.mamaslittlechick.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow my babys' daddy will love this one :) Great blog btw, I am following from FF :)
    http://flipoutmama.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Instagram @jesscarbone