Thursday, January 20, 2011

About Face!

When Dominic was an infant we set a goal for ourselves to keep him rear facing in his car seat until he was at least two years of age.  I'm very passionate about car seat safety and the greatest risk of injury to a forward facing child is between 12 and 24 months of age.  We felt that by keeping him rear facing until two years old we had done our best job to protect him in case of an accident.  Now that he's over two, we knew we would turn him around one of these days.  We finally got around to it on Monday.. over a full month after his birthday.  We weren't in a rush or anything and he was totally comfortable the other way.  He's now officially a forward facing boy!  His first couple car rides were pretty funny.  He seemed nervous!  Now it's just fun to hear him narrate our drive.  Here he is on his very first trip!!

4 comments:

  1. So cute !!! I wish I could have kept Cheyenne rear facing that long, she got car sick BAD rear facing, it go to the point that no trips over 30minutes were an option lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great you lasted so long. We still haven't turned our guy. I know I can but I'm jut not ready:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just gave you an award, please go check it out

    http://www.mrssassycrafter.com/2011/01/i-got-award-yaaayyyy.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! As the editor of 'The Caterpillar' (A Visionary Ghetto Tabloid) I am contacting other bloggers who go by the name of 'Caterpillar' to send my greetings and invite you to share my paper, which was originally inspired by the Caterpillar from 'Alice in Wonderland'. 'The Caterpillar' is an exercise in experimental writing, including collage, cut-ups, glossolalia and free-form creative expression. Like a Reggae record, 'The Caterpillar' gets mixed down into a 'DUB VERSION'. Please check it out, and if you enjoy the Free-Form-Fun, tell your friends. I like the idea of distant strangers being inspired by the enigmatic beast that is the Caterpillar - I send you all my best wishes for a Happy Life....

    ReplyDelete

Instagram @jesscarbone