Tuesday, January 18, 2011

An Announcement

It's been 18 long days since I last posted and I've got a big announcement to make..  the C family is expanding!  We are so thrilled to be expecting our second baby.  We've been wanting and hoping for this for a while.  As happy as I am to be pregnant, I've felt pretty terrible.  I pretty much spend my days entertaining Dominic and sleeping when he sleeps.  That pretty much cuts out all of my blogging time, as I generally did that at naptime and after he went to bed.  I'm starting to feel better now, and I'm really thankful for that. 

The details:

When did you find out ?:  the weekend after Thanksgiving

When are you due?:  August 7th

Which makes you how far along?:  just over 11 weeks now

Will you find out the gender?:  Definitely!

Are you hoping for one or the other?:  Not at all.  We just really wanted another baby.  There are plus sides to having a girl or another boy.  If we were to have a boy we would be able to re-use all of our cute clothes from Dominic, plus he would have a brother to play with!  But, it would be really neat to have one of each.  So we're just anxiously awaiting our "big" ultrasound.

Will your heart condition affect this pregnancy?:  I'm hoping not.  I had a fabulous pregnancy last time around and I'm hoping for the same this time.  I will have to have a couple check-ins with my cardiologist and will have an appointment with a perinatologist to make sure no congenital heart defects are present in the baby.  Other than that, all will go as normal.

How do you think Dominic will react to the new baby?:  Good question.. ha.  I think he'll be great with the baby.  He is such a gentle boy and really nice to others.  My only concern is his reaction to not being the only child.  I'm hoping that he adjusts well.


So that's that!  Since I'm feeling better and I'm "out" with this pregnancy I should be back to posting regularly.  I'll leave you with a picture I just took yesterday of my tiny bump!

10 comments:

  1. Wow I hadn't seen your bump yet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for your family ! Your bump is adorable =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! August will be here before you know it!

    Holly
    www.hollyatnaptime.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally didn't expect you to have a cute little baby belly bump yet! You look great! Now I'm even more excited to meet you with your pics so I can see baby #2 well not in person of course. Hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! What a cute little bump!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Jessie!! Can't wait to find out what it is :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats again girlie...your bump is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! And I was about 5 seconds from sending you a message a few weeks ago asking if you were because I just KNEW it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwww congrats! Such a cute little baby bump!

    ReplyDelete

Instagram @jesscarbone