Thursday, February 24, 2011

Pregnancy Update: 16 weeks

As you can see from the above baby fruit-o-meter, our second baby is now the size of an avacado.  My last appointment was on Valentine's day and the baby's heartrate was a perfect 155 bpm.  I'd guess I've gained about 10 lbs so far, which is about where I was at 20 weeks last time.  Everything seems to be moving along so quickly this pregnancy and I'm definitely showing way quicker.  I know everyone told me it happens like that with your second, but I was still shocked when I was suddenly noticably bigger by 12 weeks.  With Dominic, I went to my anatomy scan at 19 weeks in my regular clothes.  Not happening this time!




Speaking of the anatomy scan, ours is sceduled for two weeks from today!  I am so excited to find out whether this sweet little baby is a boy or a girl.  I don't have a preference at all, I'm just curious!  We're having a much harder time picking names this time so we've kinda put it off until we know the gender.  Other than names, I've been searching for the perfect baby bedding set.  We're keeping Dominic in his room with all of the same decorations because his set isn't very baby-ish.  With the chocolate brown and olive green, it's fitting for a boy through toddler years.  So this baby will have a brand new set.  Unfortunately, nothing is calling to me right now.  I think we've picked a boy bedding set we like at BabiesRus:


But I'm really stuck on a set for a girl.  I'm not into bugs.  That means butterflies and ladybugs are out.  I'm also not a huge fan of bright pink.  I'm more of a purple kinda girl.  There was one set I liked (also at BabiesRus) but of course it's been discontinued and is no longer on the shelves.  Grrr.  I'm really weary about buying online without seeing the set in person, so that's out too.  Stand by.  I'll keep you all posted.

As for cravings.... I haz them.  This probably explains the weight gain.  With Dominic all I wanted to eat was steak and a blue cheese wedge salad.  This was particularly weird given the fact that I ate no red meat at the time.  I had only eaten poultry and seafood for about three years before becoming pregnant with him.  I did a totaly 180 and couldn't stand the thought of chicken.  I started eating steak again and never looked back!!  This time, my meal of choice is very specific:  A #4 from Chick-fil-A (for those of you who aren't total fat asses, that's a spicy chicken deluxe sandwich).  I order mine with provelone cheese instead of pepper jack and I dip the sandwich in ranch dressing as I eat it.  My mouth is now watering.  I alternate between ordering sweet tea (bad, I know) and lemonade.  I'd just like to point out that I'm a pretty paranoid preggo when it comes to the things we aren't supposed to eat or drink.  Other than the occasional treat of a sweet tea or piece of chocolate, I consume no caffiene.  I allow myself the pleasure of a sweet tea now that I'm in the second trimester.

I do try to eat healthy for the most part and I eat a lot of fresh fruit.  I take my vitamins and pretty much drink water and milk only.  With that being said, my feelings about weight gain are pretty clear.  By nine months pregnant I am going to be huge any way you slice it.  Regardless of whether I eat a salad for every meal or inindulge in my cravings, I won't be winning any bikini contests.  I might as well enjoy my pregnancy!

7 comments:

  1. love the sea creatures! and you did get big fast! no pun intended.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to find out either. Check out JC penny's believe it or not for girl bedding that's not pinks and purples! Though I love what you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the sea creatures are really cute! I like the bright colors. Im excited for you to find out what your having!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diane- Thanks so much for the tip! I didn't even think to check there!!

    Heather- Thanks! We decided that this time we're trying to stay away from browns since Dominic's room has a lot of it. I'm feeling very *bright* for this baby ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's not some place I would of even thought of to look. It came up in a search I was doing for girl bedding to match my son's room (primary red ad blue), just incase it's a girl. They had something to match!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Get more tips for pregnancy, symptoms, types of pregnancy and more info about pregnancy features and more in Pregnancy Tips.

    ReplyDelete

Instagram @jesscarbone