Monday, March 21, 2011

The hairy debate

... to cut or not to cut.

If you frequent my blog you have probably noticed that my son's hair is on the long side.  If you know me in real life you've probably witnessed him sporting a dissheveled mop on more than one occasion.  The thing is, I love his hair long.  And by long, I mean not buzzed.  No offense to mothers of buzzed little boys out there (because honestly there are days I consider it) but I just can't bring myself to get him a clipper cut.  I just feel like he has the rest of his life to shave his head.  There is just something so sweet about a little boy with a wild head of hair.  Unfortunately, lately his semi-curly hair was getting a bit out of wack.  Try as I might, no wet comb or hair dryer would make it look half presentable on his "bad days". 

This is a before shot (from St. Patrick's day):


So in we went to the salon for probably the fifteenth time in his short two years for yet another hair cut.  My stylist (whom I love) does a great job at cleaning up his style without leaving him bald.  It's a great compromise between keeping the length and still looking a bit more polished.  This was his first time ever sitting by himself in the chair... something he resisted but eventually gave into.  He kept still the entire time and was rewarded with a lollipop... and the 'oooohs' and 'aaaaahs' of every lady in the shop.

And here he is after his haircut:


2 comments:

  1. Both look good! Aiden has really long hair...12 haircuts later I STILL won't buzz it! You are right...they have forever to have a buzz cut!

    ReplyDelete

Instagram @jesscarbone