Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Pregnancy Update: 20 weeks

Happy Halfway!  I'm now pregnant with a cantaloupe-sized baby... weird to think about.  I can't believe how the time has flown so far.




I'm feeling great right now.  I've happily passed the "chunky" looking stage and am noticably pregnant for the most part.  I rarely feel queasy anymore and my energy has returned.  I do feel much bigger than my non-pregnant self, but it's still fairly easy to me to manuver through doorways and grocery store isles.  Check back in a few months and I might be telling a different story. 

Though I've noticed quite a bit of growth these past four weeks, my weight hasn't changed much.  This really suprised me when I went for my last appointment.  I was sure that I'd see my number jump, but in actuality I think I'd only gained a pound or less.  This puts my total weight gain so far at about 10 or so pounds, exactly where I was at this point in my first pregnancy.

About a week and a half ago we found out that we're expecting a little girl.  That has really set in and I find myself looking at little girl clothes wherever I go.  Her bedding was ordered and arrived last week.  This past weekend Hubs, Dominic, and I went to Lowes to pull a bunch of paint samples for her room.  I love painting... and kids' rooms have to be the most fun of all.  Dominic's room is my favorite in the house right now.  I'm sure our little girl's room will rank right up there too.  We're planning on splitting the walls with white chair rail like we did in his room.  The bottom half will be aqua and the top half will be light purple.  I can't wait to update as we start that project! 


As for my cravings, I'm loving tart things right now.  I've been drinking a LOT of lemon water.  I also have a new favorite fruit- yellow plums.  omg.  I tasted one about a month or two ago that my Mother-in-Law brought home from work and I've been on the hunt for them ever since.  I hadn't had any luck and was settling for nectarines.  Then, the last time we were grocery shopping my husband shouts from across the produce section, "Look!" as he's waving a yellow plum around.  Awesome.  If you've never had a yellow plum, track one down and eat it.  You'll thank me.  They are delicious.

So that's pretty much all for now.  We're super busy clearing out our "extra" bedroom, which was once Dominic's playroom.  We have so much crap to get rid of.  We're also preparing to transition Dominic into a toddler bed so that his crib can move into the new baby's room.  Wish us luck.  I'm really hoping it goes smoothly because I desperately value my sleep right now.  It took us 16 long months to get to a point where he was sleeping through the night and I hate to disrupt the good thing we have going now, which is partly why he's still in a crib.  If it's not broken, don't fix it!  .... until you have a new baby on the way.

2 comments:

  1. You look great!!! Glad your energy is up...I can only imagine what it is like with a toddler and be exhausted!! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha ok so i'm in the grocery store this morning searching through the produce isles for something new and i thought of your blog, but couldn't quite remember what fruit you were talking about...apparently an apple pear was the best i could come up with at that moment haha, go figure it was a yellow plum, all's i know is is looks like an apple and its yellow. good to know i'll try for next week finding this thing lol !!

    ReplyDelete

Instagram @jesscarbone