Friday, March 11, 2011

Pregnancy Update: We're having a girl!

My appointment last night couldn't come soon enough.  Once we got back to the exam room, the first question the ultrasound technician asked us was, "Before I get started, do you want to find out the gender today?"  My husband and I said in unison, "Yes!"  So I hopped up on the table and she began. 

First off, the images were shockingly clear.  It was so amazing.  We just kept remarking how we could pretty much tell what everything was.  The tech was so sweet and took her time talking to us and explaining everything she was looking at.  She told us about all of the important things she was checking for, since this was our 'big' anatomy scan.  Unfortunately, she was not able to get a couple of the shots she was trying for, including the nose and lips picture.  She told us that we would have to come back in about a month for another try at that. 


She was, however, able to finally get a clear potty shot.  She froze the screen and asked us, "What do you think?"  I knew exactly what I was looking at.  hah.  I said, "Girl." and she confirmed. 

We are having a little girl! 

I am so excited to have one of each.  I love having my sweet boy, and I know there is nothing like the relationship between a mother and son.  But, I'm so excited for my husband to have a "daddy's girl".  I couldn't sleep last night.  I was up dreaming of hair clips and painted piggy toes. 

As for the baby bedding decision, we made one!  We ended up going with our original girl bedding choice.  We had to get the pieces from different places since the set is being discontinued and no longer fully in-stock at Babies 'R' Us.  I was able to get most of the accessories that remained at the store and my awesome in-laws ordered the bedding set from babysupermall.com.  I am so in love with this design!  Like I mentioned in my 16 week update, I'm not a big fan of pink.  I also don't like bugs of any sort- ladybugs, butterflies, etc.  This set had exactly what I was looking for- purple flower design with a less girly accent color (aqua) that we could use throughout the room.  I can't wait to put it all together.

3 comments:

  1. Awww yayyyyy! A little girl! You are so lucky to have one of each! I can't wait to see the nursery you put together! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh! i think my eyes just watered :) CONGRATS ! How sweeet < 3

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so awesome! Congrats on the girl! I love the bedding choice. I was big on pink...it got old quick ha

    ReplyDelete

Instagram @jesscarbone