Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Pregnancy Update- 28 Weeks

At 28 weeks I'm feeling really well still!  I can't believe this is the start of the third trimester.  I must be looking quite large though because it seems like recently people have been moving out of the way when they see me coming.  I found some pregnancy survey questions online that I'm going to use for this post.  That way I can get the main details in without forgetting anything.

Due Date: August 7th, 2011

Weeks Pregnant: 28

Weight gain so far: I had a big jump around 24 weeks and I think at this point I'm up about 24 lbs. Yikes!

Pregnancy Symptoms: Mainly my symptoms come from just being big at this point.  I have quite a bit of lower back pain after I sit on the floor... or any hard surface really.  Sometimes it almost feels better to stand and walk around than to sit because sometimes it seems like I can't get my sitting angle right.  Make sense?  No?  I'm confused too.  I think it's my sciatic nerve acting up. Womp womp.  Other than that, my main pregnancy symptom from the first time around has come back full-force: heartburn.  The only thing that seems to help is a really cold drink.  I try to take lots of little sips of ice water to keep it at bay.

Cravings: Anything that's not nailed down.  I kid, I kid.  I am eating tart things like crazy... which probably doesn't help my heartburn now that I think about it.  I can't get enough blackberries.  I drink so much lemon water (or is it that I put so much lemon in each glass of water?) that I've had to resort to buying 100% lemon juice in economy sized bottles.  After going through several of those little lemon-shaped squeeze bottles I just figured last shopping trip I'd go for the 32 oz bottle.  That's one full quart people.

Sleep: I'm still sleeping decently at this point... though I'm sure I'll be eating my words soon.  I obviously require several pillows, but I can usually get comfortable enough to sleep soundly in between bathroom breaks.

I can't live without: My husband helping me more and more with Dominic these days.  There are times I just don't have the energy to literally wrestle him into his pajamas or entertain him and cook dinner at the same time.

What I miss: looking good in a bikini.  Not joking.

What I'm looking forward to: Finishing her room!  We're sooooo close :)

Aha moment: Not sure if this really qualifies as an "aha moment", but I hosted a 31 Party and ordered our girl a thermal tote personalized.  So her pretty (and still secret) name is now set in.. um.. embroidery.  It seems so real now!

Milestones: Saying adios second trimester and hola third!

Best moment of this week: I'm fairly positive that this baby has at least moved into a semi-head down position from the fully breech position she's been sitting in the last two months.  I have an appointment next week and I'm going to ask my OB if he can tell.  Let's hope she completes her rotation!  In other news, I failed my glucose tolerance test.  That was definitely NOT a good moment.  On to the 3 hour :(

Goals for the upcoming week(s): To not gain more than a pound a week.. ha! 

Movement: Full body, tummy shaking movements.  All day, everyday.

Gender: Girl

Labor signs: None yet, thank God!

Belly Shots:




baby weighs about 2 1/4 lbs and measures about 15 inches!

9 comments:

  1. did dominic write that 28? hehe juuuuuust kiddin ;)
    i totally agree about the hubs help - it is SO hard to carry/play/chase/entertain with a gajillion pound belly hanging around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so dang cute pregnant! I'm completely jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my grandma says that when a woman has a lot of heartburn during pregnancy it means that the baby has lots of hair, she was kind of right with me, with my second pregnancy I had a heartburn so bad I felt it in my ears, it was terrible. When my baby was born the head was like an adult's head, full of hair, incredibly full, in fact one of the things the doctor said when she took the baby out was "look at all that hair! and those eye lashes!!!" =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have such a cute baby bump!! congrats!

    www.dreawood.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi mates, how is the whole thing, and what you are longing to say about this post, in my view it’s very splendid on behalf of me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love 3 small cute caterpillar <3 you're so lucky !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’m impressed with the surpassing and instructive blogs that you just provide in such very short timing.at this website

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowee, look at that big 28 week belly! I wonder what your HCG level was like at that point - it had to be really high!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow! I'm personally impressed by I read a good article and image.

    ReplyDelete

Instagram @jesscarbone