Monday, November 25, 2013

Fall for Us

We've officially settled into our first crisp holiday season as a complete family.  Fall is a magical time for us.  Dominic, Jeff and I all have fall birthdays, we celebrate our wedding anniversary every November 10th, and I've always been a sucker for Christmas cheer.  Whatever holiday spirit I had before, it's amplified with children.  


This is really the first year that Dominic has seemed receptive to toy ads.  In the past, he would say random things he wanted, but they were general and it left us with a lot of room to buy him presents we liked and thought were "good".  This year he sees commercials and is constantly saying I want that!!  Some things are ok... other stuff I know he isn't getting.  LOL.  I guess this is the beginning of him learning that you don't get everything just because you ask.  The good thing about this is we have plenty of ideas for him.  I'm sure he'll be more than happy with the presents we have planned.


The girls are a little harder.  I'm trying to find a balance between getting Isla things I know she will be excited about, and ended up with a bunch of crappy plastic and glitter toys under the tree.  Maisy is too young to want, but with older kids we can't have them thinking Santa forgot about her!  So they're my real challenge this year.


I try my best to come up with unique and thoughtful presents for my kids.  I do a lot of shopping on amazon and etsy.  As an artist myself, I can appreciate handmade gifts.  Stay tuned for my holiday shopping guide filled with hand picked presents for kids aged five and under!  I'm so excited about partnering with some fellow etsy crafters to bring you the best :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram @jesscarbone