Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Recipe: Vitamin C Green Smoothie



I finally got a magic bullet blender!  Jeff got it for me for Christmas.  I am so excited to be able to quickly make individual drinks and smoothies.  I had a regular blender before and it was such a hassle to estimate the amounts I was tossing in and then wash the big pitcher. Such a mess.  Naturally, I started browsing Pinterest to find smoothie recipes to try out.  Unfortunately it seems like every smoothie I found had banana.  Well, I'm allergic to banana!  I ended up putting together a pretty simple and delicious green smoothie recipe to help kick the winter cold germs OUT.  

I blended:
- Simply Orange OJ
- 1 kiwi, peeled and sliced
- handful of frozen pineapple chunks 
- handful of baby spinach
- 4 or 5 ice cubes

You can play around with the amounts to find something you enjoy, but the kiwi and baby spinach should give you a nice green color.  The tartness of the orange juice and fruits is so nice to fight off the winter blues!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram @jesscarbone